Brandon Free Public Library, an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit library in Brandon, VT is seeking an energetic, community-oriented individual who can interact positively and creatively with patrons and staff.
This is a circulation/programming assistant position, 20 hours per week, starting immediately. The rate of pay is $18.00 per hour with generous vacation/sick time. This is a permanent circulation/programming assistant position.
The position requires some regular evenings and Saturday hours plus additional scheduling. The person in this position will provide direct-service work in the library and out in the community. This is not a remote position.
- Circulation/desk work
- Routine upkeep/organization of library and materials
- Develop outreach/programming activities for all ages
- Serve as a community liaison/attend community events
- Help develop and implement annual summer reading program
- Library Staffing: assists patrons of all ages in every aspect of using the library, including computer and device troubleshooting
- Other duties will include shelving, programming preparation, other projects as assigned
- Patron-centered public service philosophy, making patrons feel welcome
- Flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer experience, which must include ability to work effectively with modern integrated library automation systems, MS Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook), WordPress, Google Apps, and social media
- Comfort with and ability to use established and emerging technology
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to carry up to 50lbs. (books, furniture, etc.)
Please note, the above job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of every responsibility, duty, and skill required for the position. This position requires standing and sitting for extended periods and access to reliable transportation for community outreach.
Screening of applications starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Molly Kennedy, Director
Brandon Free Public Library
Brandon Free Public Library is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
– Posted 2/8/24