The Keene Public Library is seeking a library professional with experience in managing an Integrated Library System to join our Technical Services team as a full-time Librarian II- Library Systems Administrator! The Keene Public Library is a cherished community resource for the City and one of New Hampshire’s foremost public libraries. The Library has an active and supportive Board of Trustees and community, as well as dedicated staff and volunteers, who all contribute to a stimulating and positive work environment!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the administrator and lead for the Library’s Sierra/Encore ILS including administration, data backup and retention, and the maintenance and monitoring of the application database.
- Coordinate with the Mason Library at Keene State College on all ILS improvements, planned maintenance, maintaining contracts, and resolving issues, concerns, or questions regarding the shared catalog.
- Work with the City of Keene’s IT Department to deploy new hardware, software, and updates.
- Lead the creation, organization, and maintenance of library web pages.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A Master’s degree in Library Science or related information field is required. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of library software and circulation services. Strong technical skills including advanced knowledge of Sierra and proficiency with Postgre SQL and/or MS SQL. Knowledge of HTML, Drupal and the LC MARC format.
- The ability to lead people and teams through projects and special initiatives.
Pay and Benefits include:
- This full-time position offers a pay range of $30.60- $38.13 per hour.
Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE! The City of Keene offers low deductible/low-cost health insurance, low- cost dental insurance and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days and sick days and more!
If you are excited about working with a dedicated team of employees in a library where the focus is on learning, creativity, collaboration, and community interaction, then apply today! Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. First review of applications will be on Monday, March 6, 2023.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs
Job Description: Librarian II- Library Systems Administrator
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Posted 2/13/23