The Library Assistant will be proficient at the main desk duties, providing friendly, timely, courteous service to all patrons. Helps support all operations of the Library, performing a variety of clerical tasks. Assists and collaborates with the Director and Youth Librarian on programs for all ages.
This is an in-person, 20 to 25 hours a week position. Looking for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and occasional Saturdays.
- Assisting patrons and making them feel welcome
- Checking in and out library materials
- Shelving library materials
- Following correct procedures and library policies
- Helping to create library fliers and other signage
- Maintains knowledge of all library policies and circulation procedures
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Library Director and Youth Librarian
- College degree and experience in library programming preferred.
- Experience in a library environment or event planning.
- Be a people person and a team player who loves working with the community.
- Proficiency in office computer applications, the use of internet search engines, and social media as well as an ability to learn the library’s circulation software.
- Ability to pass a background check.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, three references to Rob Broder at email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. We look forward to welcoming a new team member who will help us create a vibrant and engaging experience for our patrons and community.
This is an hourly position at $21.00 an hour. (20-25 hours a week)
– Posted 1/28/24