The Program Coordinator develops and facilitates a variety of adult programs appropriate for the Carpenter-Carse Library and Hinesburg community and collaborates with the Youth Librarian on providing programs for youth and families. This person also handles reservations and use of the library’s Community Room and assists patrons at the circulation desk during regularly scheduled shifts each week.
This is an in-person, 20 hours a week position which includes some evenings and Saturdays. The weekly schedule for this position can vary depending on programming and library needs.
- Researches, contacts, and arranges programs and events with presenters, lecturers, and performers.
- Facilitates programs using personal experience and resources when applicable, such as leading clubs and lectures.
- Maintains ongoing programs while introducing new events in response to community interests and needs.
- Promotes programs through various platforms such as posters, brochures, the library website, social media, internal library listservs, e-newsletter and community outreach events.
- Respond to patrons requests, registrations and questions; send email reminders and updates to interested patrons.
- Works with presenters to help with a welcoming and smooth transition.
- Has excellent communication skills and can engage effectively with staff and the general public.
- Is a creative thinker who can bring fresh, new ideas to the library, while running programs already implemented.
- Sets up and breaks down program space, assists presenter(s), and ensures that both the presenter and attendees have a positive experience.
- Purchases materials required for programs, requests invoices from presenters, and keeps a record of expenditures to maintain the adult programming budget.
- Records attendance statistics of all adult programs for future planning and annual reporting.
- Stays up-to-date on library and programming trends.
- Collaborates with the Youth Librarian to develop and facilitate regular youth and family programming.
- Manages the Community Room calendar for both library and public use, including rotating art displays.
- Communicates with the public regarding Community Room reservations; manages paperwork and deposits, and ensures all room users adhere to guidelines.
- Keeps a record of public room use for the annual statistics report.
- Maintains knowledge of all library policies and circulation procedures; helps to regularly staff the front desk and assist patrons in general use of the library.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Library Director.
- College degree and experience in library programming preferred.
- Experience in a library environment or event planning.
- Be a people person and a team player who loves working with the community.
- Proficiency in office computer applications, the use of internet search engines, and social media as well as an ability to learn the library’s circulation software.
- Ability to pass a background check.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, three references to Rob Broder at email@example.com by November 17, 2023. We look forward to welcoming a new team member who will help us create a vibrant and engaging experience for our patrons and community.
This is an hourly position at $20.00 an hour. (20 hours a week)
– Updated 10/31/23