Lawrence Memorial Library is seeking a counselor with a love for kids, arts and literature to work in the LML summer camp. The camp will run for 2-weeks, 9AM-3PM Monday-Friday during the week of August 9th and the week of August 16th. The camp will serve kids ages 7-11. The ideal candidate will be friendly, enthusiastic, and creative and enjoy exploring arts and literature with children.
- Direct care of 10 children with another counselor for the duration of the day. Activities include arts and crafts, literature, games, outdoor adventure, & field trips.
- Ability to maintain a fun and safe learning environment for all.
- Exemplary communication and collaboration with Library Director, Children’s Librarian & Co-Counselor.
- Assistance with planning camp programs with the support of library staff.
- Ability and willingness to learn new activities and games.
- High school diploma required. Some college and/or work experience is preferred.
- Holds current driver’s license.
- Experience in summer camps and/or child/youth-related fields preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- $18/hour for 40 hours per week. 8:30AM-3:30PM Monday-Friday.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and three references by June 30th to:
Coco Moseley, Library Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marita Schine, Children’s Librarian: email@example.com
– Posted 6/16/21