The Keene Public Library is seeking a library professional with excellent public service skills and experience working with youth and young adults to join their team as a Librarian I – Youth and Community Services. The Keene Public Library is a cherished community resource for the City and one of New Hampshire’s foremost public libraries. The Library has an active and supportive Board of Trustees and community, as well as dedicated staff and volunteers, who all contribute to a stimulating and positive work environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Youth and Community Services staff to plan, promote, deliver and assess library programs within the Library and outreach services at other locations.
- Assists in the planning, marketing, conducting and facilitating of programs and meetings held at the Library.
- Provides reference and reader advisory assistance primarily in the Youth and Teen area.
- Ensures effective and safe experiences for members of the public using the library spaces.
- Coordinates and implements the necessary set up/break down of furniture and equipment for library programs and outside meetings, including sweeping, vacuuming and other cleaning after events.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s degree, plus one year of library experience or library training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in library science is desirable, as well as experience working with youth and young adults.
- Comfortable using video editing, audiovisual software and equipment, online meeting platforms, library software, circulation services, Microsoft Office Suite and room booking software.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required as work hours may vary from week to week.
Pay and Benefits include:
This position works 32 hours per week and offers a competitive starting pay range of $27.62-$34.41 per hour and is benefit eligible.
If you are excited about working with a dedicated team of employees in a library where the focus is on learning, creativity, collaboration, and community interaction, then apply today.
Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. This position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Posted 11/26/23