South Londonderry Free Library
Library Director/Librarian Job Description
Qualifications: MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA accredited college, or a VT Certificate of Public Librarianship, or working towards certification/degree.
Reports to: The South Londonderry Library Association Board of Trustees
Position summary: The Library Director shall be responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the Library, including supervision of volunteers and employees. The Director is responsible for carrying out the Library’s policies and for staffing the Library during posted hours. The Director shall be responsible for informing the public/patrons of programs and activities and shall provide a monthly report for the Board.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Overall management of the day-today operation of the library;
- Knowledge of current and evolving library regulations and trends;
- Operational management of staff, volunteers, initiatives and budget as created by the Board of Trustees.
- Recommendations and implementation of policies and procedures adopted by the Board.
- Identification, design, and management of programs;
- Promotion of library and programs through physical and digital channels;
- Understanding of computers and software such as Library World, Weebly and Mailchimp;
- Ability to assist patrons with computer and reference questions;
- Collection and maintenance of statistical data and library records in accordance with local, state, and federal laws;
- Oversees the selection and ordering of books and other materials;
- Supervision of circulation- physical and digital;
- Management of facilities to provide safe, inclusive, and inviting space;
- Work to secure adequate grant and external funds;
- Participate in professional development opportunities;
- Presentation of monthly reports to the Board
- Responsible for other tasks and duties as assigned by the Board
Compensation: The starting hourly range for this position is $24-$26 per hour for 24 hours per week.We also offer benefits in discussion with candidates. Pay will be based on experience.
How to apply: For further information, email us at southlondonderryfreelibrary@