Saint Michael’s College Library in Colchester, VT invites applications for the position of Associate Director for Systems and Web Development. Reporting to the Library Director, this individual supports and oversees library systems and the digital infrastructure that forms the foundation for all library services, including the library management system, discovery system, and website. The Associate Director for Systems and Web Development ensures optimal performance of the library’s integrated, cloud-based management platform, works closely with other members of the library staff on a range of technical and systems related tasks, and manages and supports the Library’s Discovery layer, link resolver, and single-sign-on authentication system. Within a team environment, shared responsibilities include Research & Instruction services, teaching, and serving as on-duty substitute for the Circulation Supervisor, opening and closing the library as needed.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and supports library management systems, platforms, and software. Serves as lead administrator for library management system (FOLIO), ensuring that all internal systems and software including acquisitions, cataloging, and circulation are functioning optimally
- Provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards
- Serves as the library’s principal liaison to the SMC Information Technology Dept, systems and metadata providers, and vendors
- Collaborates with library staff to design, develop, and maintain the library website
Our lived experience impacts how we self-assess our skills, experience, and qualifications. In particular, data and statistics have shown that candidates who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and others with minoritized and marginalized identities may not apply to jobs when they do not believe they meet 100% of the requirements and expected responsibilities listed in the job descriptions. Some responsibilities and skills are teachable and can be learned on the job. If you can imagine yourself in this position, bringing value to our students and community and meeting most of what we are looking for, please apply.
For the full job description, click here.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$58,000.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer-paid life and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), generous paid time off, paid holidays, employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee and family assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
Applicants must have the following:
- Master’s degree in library and information science (or currently enrolled) from an ALA-accredited program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Proficient with Internet and Database research
- Proficient (or ability to become proficient) with: FOLIO library services platform, EZproxy, data visualization software, LibGuides, Zoho, and generating usage reports
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on Apply Now button:
- Cover letter including a statement articulating your understanding and experiences in serving and working with diverse populations to create an inclusive and equitable library experience for students, faculty, and staff. Saint Michael’s College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and every member of the Library team has an important role in ensuring equity of access and inclusive library practices.
- Please provide contact information for three (3) references
For full consideration, please submit all materials by April 24, 2023. Position remains open until filled.
For a complete job description, benefits information, and to apply online, please visit: https://egqw.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_13/job/1193/?utm_medium=jobshare
– Posted 4/3/23