LAC Group seeks candidates for a Library and Information Services Project Manager position within our organization. The main focus of the position will be to oversee and assist with the coordination of law firm library accounts, and to help assigned firms move forward with innovative and effective best practices in research workflow support, eResource management, database training, and general library administrative functions. The manager of library and information services will be directly client facing, and will work across departments internally. We are seeking a well rounded, customer service oriented, information professional with direct law firm library and information services experience. This position can be worked from any location in the US or Canada.
- Contribute to the success and management of client relationships, and serve as the point of contact for new and existing Firm initiatives and projects;
- Collaborate with other Firm managers and administrators on special projects;
- Conduct library orientation for new attorneys and professional staff;
- Participate and build upon best practices for a streamlined research workflow;
- Ensure client metrics are being captured, reported, and delivered according to specifications;
- Offer ideas and insight into best practices in collection management, invoice processing, and training support;
- Work with Firm stakeholders to maximize cost recovery efforts;
- Assist with management of contracts and relationships with online research vendors, print content, print management, and library administration;
- Develop standards for collection development and cost recoveries, with a focus on print to digital transformation;
- Serve as LAC ambassador for distributed colleagues at assigned Firms and across service lines;
- Oversee enhancement of the Firm’s use technologies to promote and disseminate information for legal, business research, and marketing purposes;
- Work with, promote, and progress Library Services function within organization, collaborating with fellow legal information professionals serving in various capacities;
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MLIS).
- At least 5 years of experience with law library administration, vendor management, database and web technology within a law or business library and preferably at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable in integrated library management systems with proficiency in online research, legal databases and collaboration platforms (Microsoft SharePoint preferred).
- Expert knowledge of law library administration and information management with demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends and issues applying information technology to libraries and law practice.