Many people in our communities are wondering how they can remain active and hopeful through a long cold winter and also the current political climate. Here’s a short, curated list of simple ways to stay engaged.
- Five calls – “Turn your passive participation into active resistance.” scripts and suggestions for calling your government on the phone.
- Daily Action – a text a day with one thing you can do
- Don’t like phone calls? Here’s a simple how-to on how to follow through with those calls.
- Grab a Libraries Are For Everyone poster or graphic (free to use and share) and put it up in your library, especially if you have patrons who speak languages other than English
- Consider following the #vtpoli hashtag on Twitter to get a sense of the political issues facing our state
- Link to this clickable map to help people find their local elected representatives
- Make sure you’re signed up for the VTLIBRARIES mailing list (or others) and come say hello