Rutland Free Library is seeking a 30-hour young adult / tech librarian. We’re looking for a curious and energetic individual to join our team of professionals in curating our collection of some 75,000 print titles and an ever-growing online presence, plus be able to generate engaging programming and outreach to Rutland’s tween / teen population.
- Providing a well-managed YA physical and virtual collection (c. 3,500 titles) and space;
- Creating compelling YA programming, spaces, and resources in collaboration with our community partners, on- and off-site;
- Participate with other librarians in Help Desk coverage providing direct reference service to patrons of all ages and backgrounds;
- Be in charge of our public computer network, including routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and basic repairs;
- Expect to work some evenings and Saturdays, with some shifts as the In Charge for the building and staff;
The wage is $30.48 per hour, with generous benefits including health, paid leave, retirement, and more. This is a nonexempt position; library staff are affiliated with AFSCME Council-93. We are a large – by Vermont standards – public library serving some 22,000 residents of Rutland City, Rutland Town, Mendon, Tinmouth, and Ira. Our teen population in particular needs support from an empathetic person.
The closing date for applications is Oct. 14. Please send a cover letter and resume to Director Randal Smathers c/o Rutland Free Library, 10 Court St., Rutland VT, 05701 or by email; questions are best addressed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Posted 10/6/23