Responsible for providing support to customers and company personnel, ensuring that customer needs and service requirements are interpreted and implemented accurately. The incumbent works to determine feasible and satisfactory account speciﬁcations, and to ensure a high- quality experience for customers who are conﬁguring new services or signiﬁcantly changing accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by Management.
- Works with customers, GOBI Customer Service, GOBI/EIS Sales and the appropriate GOBI business units as needed to design, reﬁne and implement new or revised technical services for customers.
- Develops, documents, and maintains customer proﬁles, including histories, for GOBI library technical services.
- Evaluates quality of customer experience for new and existing accounts and provides timely feedback to Technical Services management, who will work with GOBI/EIS Sales and Customer Service to plan accordingly.
- Establishes vital working relationships with GOBI/EIS sales (includes CDM’s, NBD Managers, CDR’s, GOBI/EIS representatives) to explore and work in a constructive team approach to strategically increase GOBI technical service revenue with an emphasis on customers not currently receiving technical services.
- Supports the customer bid/RFP process by reviewing tenders and ensuring GOBI’s compliance with customer requirements. As necessary, provides language to describe services or customer options.
- Drafts and revises technical service documentation and procedures according to established procedural guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping information conﬁdential.
- Provides input for the establishment of system policies and procedures, standards and schedules.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit in front of a personal computer 6-7 hours a day, use hands and ﬁngers, reach with hands and arms, push book carts and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally walk and lift/move up to 35 pounds.
Speciﬁc vision requirements include close vision.
The noise level in the on-site work environment is usually moderate.
- REQUIRED: Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science or 2+ years of library experience, preferably in a technical services environment.
- 2+ years working in a direct customer contact role. 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Word, Excel,
- and/or Access.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in individual and group settings.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Experience with academic library technical services operations.
- Proﬁciency in applying academic library standards and best practices.
- 1+ years’ experience with cataloging standards and best practices.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a sales role.
- 1+ years’ experience coordinating, supervising, or reviewing the work of others.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills establishing eﬀective working relationships with professional and paraprofessional staﬀ.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to keep information accessible and work systematically and eﬃciently.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, analyze disparate information, evaluate complex and ambiguous situations, and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and demonstrate ﬂexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with frequent interruptions, distractions, and ﬂuctuating workloads
Interested candidates should apply at https://careers.ebscoind.com/ebscoinformationservices
– Posted 5/3/22