Georgia Public Library is accepting applications for a Library Assistant.
Do you love books? Are you warm, detail-oriented, and flexible? Do you have good customer service skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite? Georgia Public Library needs a personable bookworm to be responsible for shelving, and checking books in and out for patrons.
24 hours per week. Some evenings required. Starting pay $14.00/hour.
Send cover letter and resume to Librarydirector@townofgeorgia.com Deadline: August 5, 2022.
Library Assistant: Programming and Interlibrary Loan*
- Interlibrary Loans: Process CLOVER & KOHA loan requests in a timely fashion, maintaining all necessary data. This includes Large Print materials from Central Collection.
- Data Collection: Create Spreadsheets and maintain accurate statistics for all aspects of library operations, including but not necessarily limited to- patron visits, computer use, programming (passive and active), interlibrary loan, etc.
- Programming & Promotion: Gather ideas regarding programming. Schedule & enact a variety of passive and active programming for both adults and youth, coordinate Summer Reading Program including finding & coordinating volunteer assistance, maintain white board, create monthly paper calendar, update outdoor sign regularly, & use social media channels to maintain excitement & awareness about the library.
- Storytime Liaison:
- Offer weekly developmentally appropriate storytime.
- Storytime will include: books, crafts, songs, finger rhymes and opportunities to practice school readiness skills: sharing, taking turns, speaking to other children and adults, attending to books in a group setting.
- Act as a resource to community services
* Position responsibilities will also include:
- Patron services: check books in and out, answer reference and computer questions, provide assistance accessing ListenUp! VT and VT Online Learning, hoopla and provide reader advisory when sought
- Answer the phone and respond to phone messages promptly
- Schedule Community Room
- Shelve materials accurately
- Shelf read
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the library
- Maintain patron records, including issuing library cards and necessary updates
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Other duties as assigned