It is an exciting time to join the Dartmouth Libraries as the Learning & Engagement Librarian. As an integral member of the Teaching & Learning program, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the organization to champion student success. Enthusiasm, creativity, and a commitment to learner-centered teaching are essential to ensuring undergraduate students acquire the skills they need. Reporting to the Head of Teaching & Learning, the Learning & Engagement Librarian:
- equips students with foundational skills in their pre-major years,
- develops curricular and extra-curricular learning opportunities,
- liaises with Dartmouth’s first-year Writing Program and peer-tutor Writing Center,
- creates opportunities for Library staff to refine their teaching skills.
Bring your unique skills, grow them through professional development and engagement, and help us empower students by unlocking their individual potential.
As a potential staff member at Dartmouth Libraries, you will be joining our organization at a pivotal moment. After consulting and collaborating with our academic community, campus partners, and library colleagues, Dartmouth Libraries have a new strategic direction – Research Engine, Powering Knowledge. Grounded in our Purpose and Vision, this strategic framework supports us in achieving our goals and aspirations. Those aspirations are to:
- Empower students by unlocking individual potential
- Accelerate advanced research
- Elevate scholarship with powerful research tools and methods and
- Amplify Dartmouth’s impact across the scholarly ecosystem
You can learn more about the position and apply at: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/71504/
Hiring range: $60,800.00 – $76,00.00
Do you have questions?
Contact Laura Barrett, Head of Teaching & Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin January 2, 2024, and will continue until the position is filled.
– Updated 12/18/23