The Keene Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic professional with excellent public service skills and experience in libraries and working with teenagers to join our team as a Librarian I- Teen Services! The Keene Public Library is a cherished community resource for the City and one of New Hampshire’s foremost public libraries. The Library has an active and supportive Board of Trustees and community, as well as dedicated staff and volunteers, who all contribute to a stimulating and positive work environment!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides library services to young adults and their caregivers, including reference, reader’s advisory, programming, outreach activities, and collection development.
- Works with staff to monitor and evaluate services to all youth and promotes and publicizes the youth services program in schools and the community.
- Curates content including print, digital, web resources and special collections for and with teen patrons.
- Plans and coordinates STEAM programs for teen and adult users of the Makerspace, researches new technologies, designs new initiatives, develops training classes and schedules for staff and volunteers, and researches appropriate services to enhance the library’s offerings.
- Leverages community experts, coaches, and mentors for services and programs that meet teen needs and interests.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s degree, plus one year of library experience or library training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in library science is preferred as well as experience working with teens ages 12-18!
- Comfortable using library software and circulation services. Comfortable assessing online databases and using current/emerging makerspace technology applications and equipment such as 3D printing, 3D design, coding, scanning and image editing.
Pay and Benefits include:
- This full-time position offers a pay range of $26.81- $33.41 per hour. The work schedule includes Saturdays and evenings each week.
- Are you used to spending a considerable amount of money on insurance? YOU WON’T HERE!
The City of Keene offers low deductible/low-cost health insurance, low-cost dental insurance, and other benefits such as life, disability, defined benefit retirement, paid time off including vacation days, personal days, and sick days and more!
If you are excited about working with a dedicated team of employees in a library where the focus is on learning, creativity, collaboration, and community interaction, then apply today! Please upload your resume and cover letter before submitting your application. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, April 30, 2023 at midnight.
To apply: https://KeeneNH.gov/jobs
Job Description: Librarian I- Teen Services
THE CITY OF KEENE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
– Posted 4/12/23