Are you innovative and team-oriented? Do you love working with teenagers? Morristown Centennial Library is in search of a part-time teen librarian to join our team.
- Cultivate a robust teen programming calendar;
- Collaborate with community organizations and local schools to support youth in the community including outreach to local school districts;
- Create book and other displays; develop and maintain the layout and appearance of the young adult area filled with relevant resources;
- Greet patrons warmly, interact with the public of all ages; create a safe and welcoming space;
- Assist with circulation, fines & fees management, reserves and opening/closing procedures;
- Support other staff members and adult volunteers as needed;
- Facilitate the work and activities of teen volunteers and teen advisory group;
- Develop and maintain content for social media platforms such as Library blogs, Facebook, Tiktok, and Pinterest;
- Curate our collection of young adult materials, maintaining a working knowledge of trends in young adult literature; work to engage young adults with the collection in ways that allow them to follow their interests and discover new ones; promote young adult literature on and off-site;
- Maintain a working knowledge of library youth services and the profession through webinars, internal training, meetings, conferences, professional literature and organizational memberships;
- Serve as a mentor and leader to young adult patrons, cultivating positive relationships with youth while maintaining professional boundaries. Maintain a working knowledge of the educational and developmental needs of youth.
Morristown Centennial Library is a busy, patron-centered library in the heart of Morrisville, VT. We have a thriving youth program and are looking for a creative, positive individual to join us. Must have availability afternoon/evenings and some Saturdays. This is a part-time position. Must have experience working with teens and have demonstrated a strong commitment to public service and the ability to work well with a diverse patronage. Vermont library certification and/or a library degree preferred. Please send resume, cover letter and recommendations to kaber-ferri@centenniallibrary.
– Posted 10/20/23