Introducing Dublin NH
Warm and welcoming, the town of Dublin with a population of 1,556 is situated in the beautiful Monadnock region. The Public Library, first opened in 1902 and expanded, is a historic gem and is seen by the community as the town’s treasure. Take a look by clicking here.
The library is far from sleepy. We have a lively and evolving collection and modern technological resources to reflect the changing nature of Libraries. We offer and invite programs that create an exciting intergenerational gathering space.
Based on the NH 2022 Library Survey, we had 1,167 in-person visits and 3,134 online visits. These numbers are respectively 130% and 177% relative to our peer cohort of 10 towns with an average population of 1,704. In FY2022, the library had a $136,980 budget and we are planning on a small increase in FY2023. The budget funds for up to 36 hours of library assistants. We have a community of volunteers who supplement the assistants as needed.
Please review this description and arrange for an introductory meeting. We are looking to fill this role immediately. We are excited about our growth and have a strong base to build on. Our new librarian will be a very important leader in defining our future engagement trajectory.
Our Ideal Director
The Director will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. They will foster a collaborative and cooperative work style with staff, Trustees, and other town department heads. The Director is an active budget, policy and program development leader. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the community and comfortable in managing planning, assessing patron needs of all ages, and driving future engagement.
The director will be responsible for the managerial, administrative, and financial management of the library. They will also oversee the collection, service patrons, supervise staff and volunteers, and partner with the town administrator.
The director will play a pivotal role in implementing our Better Together strategy that imagines, creates, and delivers lifelong learning programs and information services. We do this in partnership with other town organizations.
- Leadership and overall management for the library;
- Knowledge of current and evolving library regulations and trends;
- Operational management of staff, budget, and initiatives;
- Presentation of monthly reports/dashboards representing usage, activity, and financial updates;
- Identification, design, and management of all adult and children’s programs;
- Promotion of library and library programs through physical and digital channels;
- Understanding of Apollo Biblionix, web site and data management;
- Maintenance of financial records in accordance with local, state, and federal laws;
- Management and recommendation of policies and procedures;
- Maintenance of records as required by state;
- Supervision of circulation- physical and digital;
- Management of facilities to provide safe, inclusive, and inviting library space;
- Supervision of all library staff and volunteers;
- Responsible for other tasks and duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees;
- Work to secure adequate grant and external funds;
- Participate in and recommend professional development opportunities;
- Approximately 30 hours/week but have flexibility
- Budgeted for up to 36 hours of library assistant hours
- Supplemented by community volunteers
- Commensurate with experience
There are two types of candidates we are interested in:
- An MLS (MLIS) or are working on a degree from an AALA-accredited program
- A completed/are working on a paralibrarian certification. We are open to having a director
mentor to provide guidance as needed.
Professional experience in public library and supervision experience are required.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to DublinPL.Trustees@gmail.com
– Posted 10/27/23