The Jones Memorial Library is seeking to hire a library director to plan, direct, and manage library operations and staff.
Essential Duties Include:
- Identifying goals and implementing a plan to meet community needs;
- Maintaining, advancing, and promoting the library’s policies, technology, collections, services, and programs;
- Providing leadership to attract, recruit, and develop support staff and volunteers, including support staff performance reviews and scheduling;
- Representing the library in the community and fostering partnerships with local civic organizations, schools, day cares and other interested parties;
- Communicating and engaging with the media, community groups, Friends of the Library, and the public to inform and gather support of the library’s goals, programs and fundraising;
- Developing and implementing, in conjunction with Library Trustees, a sound financial plan, to include cultivating grants, private funding sources, and endowments;
- Overseeing and directing the library budget in a fiscally sound manner;
- Efficiently communicating relevant library information to Library Trustees or Village officials, as needed;
- Staying abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of library administration and management;
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming environment and a community profile that shows the library as a valued community asset and resource.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Work experience in the public library sector including a working knowledge of library systems;
- Grant writing experience;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Initiative, independent judgment, and political insight to ensure library services complement the needs and desires of community residents;
- Experience and proficiency with computer technology, video conferencing platforms, and the ability to learn industry specific software.
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Degree or 2-years related experience
This is a part-time position of 24-hours a week. Based on the experience of applicants the position may be split to hire both a library director and children’s librarian.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of all applicants will start immediately and close on December 2, 2022.
– Posted 11/21/22