- Work directly with patrons, checking library materials in and out on the computer, renewing items, and placing and filling hold requests.
- Prepare items for shelving and keep materials in order.
- Register new patrons for library cards and add HomeCard patrons to the patron database.
- Follow procedures for opening or closing the library during morning or evening shifts.
- Help patrons find materials in the library and answer directional and basic reference questions.
- Assist patrons with the use of computer software and the Internet.
- Refer to programming calendars and staff updates to stay up to date on what’s happening in the library and consult procedures manuals to help meet patrons’ needs.
- Stay current in technologies required to perform work duties.
- Stay current on safety protocols in the library.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to communicate with other library staff about job duties, collections, patron needs, and scheduling.
- Ability to use basic office equipment such as phones, computers, and the Internet.
- Must be able to organize alphabetically and by number.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information.
- Work professionally with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and others.
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour.
– Posted 7/25/23