Are you a business librarian who loves challenge, engagement, and teamwork? Consider joining our outstanding, collegial team in the Feldberg Business & Engineering Library, part of the Dartmouth Library system. Feldberg librarians provide essential, in-demand, and highly valued services to students, faculty, and academic staff in support of the research and teaching missions of the Tuck School of Business, the Thayer School of Engineering, as well as Dartmouth’s College of Arts & Sciences.
In this position, you will be part of a business librarian team that works primarily with MBA students, staff, and faculty of the Tuck School of Business, a top-ranked business school. Collaboratively, you will contribute to a wide range of services and responsibilities:
- Provide specialized research consultation, reference, and data services
- Offer targeted educational services such as workshops, orientations, and one-on-one instruction in a variety of settings
- As a liaison, develop and maintain strong relationships and effectively communicate the Library’s services and resources
- Develop and manage the Library’s online and print collections in business subject areas
- Work to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion goals through collections, programs, and services
- Collaborate with colleagues system-wide in support of joint degree programs (such as the Masters in Health Care Delivery Science or Masters in Engineering Management), and researchers in Dartmouth’s interdisciplinary centers and initiatives, including the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship and career services
APPLICATION: Review of applications will begin August 7, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. To see the complete position description and to apply online please go to: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/69822
ABOUT THE REGION: The Upper Valley surrounding Hanover, New Hampshire, where Dartmouth is located, consists of several towns and villages nestled along the Connecticut River – each with its own unique character. Just a car or train ride away from world-renowned cities like Boston, New York, and Montreal, this region attracts people from around the world for its scenic beauty, unlimited outdoor activities, and the cultural offerings of a thriving university community.
ABOUT DARTMOUTH: Founded in 1769, Dartmouth is a member of the Ivy League and consistently ranks among the world’s greatest academic institutions. At the Dartmouth Library, we are dedicated to supporting teaching, learning, and research and working in partnership with the students and faculty of the School of Arts & Sciences, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, the Geisel School of Medicine, and the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies. You will join highly committed and collegial staff of about 147. The Dartmouth College Library is a member of the Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation, the Association of Research Libraries, CRL, NERL, HathiTrust, CLIR/DLF, and the Library Publishing Coalition.
ABOUT DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & ACCESSIBILITY in the DARTMOUTH LIBRARY:
We value diversity in all forms and believe that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We encourage candidates to evaluate and explore the Library as they move through our interview process. We continue to improve our hiring process to ensure our candidates feel empowered to bring their whole selves to the interview process.
We do this by:
- Avoiding scheduled interviews on religious or cultural days of observation.
- Requiring all hiring committee members to be trained on Unconscious Bias.
- Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged.
- Fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
– Posted 7/25/23