Pay range is $14.01-$17.25 per hour, 12.5 hours per week.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Audio Visual Assistant, under the supervision of the school librarian, oversees daily operations of scheduling and maintaining equipment for maximal use in instructional programs. The Audio Visual Assistant catalogues and processes all AV software and maintains the AV component of the library’s bibliographic database to insure indexes to audio-visual material.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective word processing skills; knowledge of technology applications; and basic skills in operation/maintenance of AV Equipment.
- Flexibility in dealing with multiple tasks, people, and material resources.
- Previous experience and/or ability working with children or adolescents.
- Experience and desire to learn library automation skills, cataloguing, other related skills.
- Commitment to the School District’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Develops and administers circulation systems and storage areas for audio visual equipment, supplies, and educational software.
- Conducts and maintains AV equipment software, and materials inventory. Also recommends ordering consumables, and other needed equipment/software purchases to the librarian.
- Aids and instructs teachers and students in the operation of equipment; reports emerging trends to the librarian.
- Troubleshoots classroom equipment problems and provides or arranges for equipment repair, as needed.
- Marks and labels all new equipment with school name, inventory number, and/or department. Creates and maintains maintenance history sheets on each piece of equipment.
- Sets up videotaping schedule for satellite/cable programs requested by teachers. Ensures that the library complies with copyright laws when copying educational programming.
- Catalogues and processes new AV material in accordance with Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules II. Enters cataloguing data into library’s database.
- Supervises the operation of the library when the librarian is not present.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Librarian and/or Building Administrators.